That Time of the Month is a month-in-review post that recaps, well, my month. It’s inclined towards being positive, but hey, life’s not always great, so this will always be honest. It’s five summary sentences about my month: what I’ve been reading, watching, wearing, eating, drinking, playing, doing. Please write your own That Time of the Month post if you’re inclined, just be sure to link & give credit! (Feature title by MollytheGhost.)
- I received a copy of Under the Stars: How America Fell in Love with Camping by Dan White from my local indie bookstore, and I read it in a week; it covers the breadth of American camping from Henry David Thoreau & Walden through the Romantic era to the Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts and modern-day “glamping” and RV travel; it’s got breadth, not depth, but it does a great job of pointing to further readings to dig down if you’re interested. (I am very interested in the Scouts; I never want to read about “glamping” again.)
- I’ve been on a reorganization kick this month because that’s the first way I cope with stress; I sorted my jewelry into “to keep” and “to donate” or trash, and then I bookmarked new pieces I want.
- Related, I spent a little time each day unsubscribing from email lists; this was so therapeutic, and now my email is relaxing (usually).
- Oh yeah, my husband and I binge-watched Shameless because Seasons 1 - 4 are on Netflix, and then we signed up for a free trial of Showtime to watch Seasons 5 and 6. We also went to see Hell or High Water in theaters, and I highly recommend it!
- And, I cannot stop listening to Peppino Gagliardi; listen to the song below if you want a sample (he’s an Italian singer).